Saturday, August 13, 2011

Breakfast Sushi with Sake Mimosas

Some things seem like a good idea at the time. Breakfast Sushi was one of those things I was thinking about for years. The original concept was actually going to be called: "Redneck Sushi"because I wanted to make a low-brow version of sushi. Instead of raw fish, this was going to have ingredients like Spam™, KFC™ and grits. I modified this into Breakfast Sushi. Instead of using rice, I used grits. The filling is eggs prepared omelet style (minus the cheese) and some cooked sausage. All ingredients were wrapped in seaweed. In retrospect, bacon would have been a better filling as well as sticking to rice instead of grits. It wasn't that it was horrible, it was just weird. Out of the 4 tasters, 1 spat it out and the other 3 ate it but thought 1 was enough. The drink of choice was a sake mimosa. One part Sake, one part fresh squeezed orange juice. This I would actually make again. the only complaint I have for this one is that it seem to pack too much of a wallop for so early in the morning. Perhaps under the right setting with the right dish, this could be salvaged.

Enjoy, A

1 comment:

  1. Actually, one of the tasters (not me) asked for seconds!

    ReplyDelete